Project Quetzal is funded by donations of individuals who believe in what we’re doing in Guatemala.
- They know that every dollar that they donate goes directly to one of our projects. These projects help children be successful in school and create positive changes in the communities where we work.
- They know that all administrative costs are covered by Project Quetzal’s founders. There are no salaries, no travel expenses, no office, and no employees.
- They know that we have 8 preschools and 3 after-school tutorial programs that have all been successful and have had wonderful results.
Please join our growing group of donors and growing number of schools!!!
So where does the money go?
After years working in a variety of activities in Guatemala, we determined that our project could best serve people and communities in the rural, impoverished areas of the country. Specifically, the majority of the funds that we raise go to establishing preschools in the country’s Western Highlands.
In that regard, here are some of the expenses that we take on:
- $1,700 to equip and supply a new preschool including teacher’s salary for one year
- $925 for a teacher’s salary for one year
- $200 two weeklong teacher-training workshops per year
- $200 books
- $375 to furnish and supply a new classroom.
It’s easy to help fund Project Quetzal’s activities. Plus, every dollar goes a long way to help assure that more preschool kids will have success in primary school.
Use the registration form below to help us support our existing preschools and open more. You can donate by mailing a check (or cash) to our address in Santa Rosa, CA or via PayPal. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization so your contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you would like a Thank You Note/receipt please include your postal address in the Comments box below.