Our membership is made up of people who look forward to contributing to a program that assists people in need in Latin America. They are happy to have found an organization that they can trust to do the right thing with their donations. The founders spend many months a year in Guatemala, so you can be assured that your contribution is being well used and well accounted for. There are no paid employees, no one takes a salary or a stipend of any kind. What little overhead and operating expenses there are are almost entirely covered by the founders. At least 95% of all our members donations go to the projects in Guatemala. (The remaining 5% is to be available in case of some unforeseen expense that can’t be covered by the founders).
Choose your membership level.
MEMBERS, the core of Project Quetzal’s support comes from dedicated individuals making an annual donation of $1,200 (or $1,800 for a family).
MEMBERS can benefit, should they wish, by participating in grant-making decisions and possible involvement in the operation of a specific project.
FRIENDS of Project Quetzal make a donation of any size, at any time and are very welcome and very much appreciated.
SUPPORTERS are those who really appreciate the work Project Quetzal is doing and are able to donate more than the MEMBER rate. They receive the same benefits as MEMBERS (and maybe a T-shirt or coffee mug!).
All donors can receive helpful travel advice and assistance in Guatemala should they plan to visit our projects.
Please remember that many businesses and corporations have matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions that their employees make. It’s an easy way to increase our project funds and spread the wealth to those in need!
Remember, too, you can make donations of any size to Project Quetzal in the name of a family member or friend in lieu of a birthday or holiday gift. It’s a great way to give, to help others truly in need and no package to wrap!
We would love to hear about other creative fund-raising ideas–please contact us.
Use the donation form below to join our project and make life a little less difficult for many Guatemalans. Personal checks are preferred (no bank fees applied) but don’t hesitate to use PayPal or a credit card if that is better for you. (We can make cash work as well if you prefer!) Receipts will be sent, usually via email, for any donation. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization so your contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our EIN is 82-4934081. If you would like a Thank You Note/receipt please be sure to include your email and/or postal address in the Comments box below.